Another “books you should read” list, this time from the telegraph. The one’s I’ve read are indicated in italics. This is actually a pretty good list – mostly classics, not a single Ayn Rand title on it.
100 novels everyone should read
The best novels of all time from Tolkien to Proust and Middlemarch
100 The Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkein
WH Auden thought this tale of fantastic creatures…
- Woman: I'm smart
- Patriarchy: Well you're probably ugly then
- Woman: I'm creative
- Patriarchy: You mean unattractive right?
- Woman: I have all these incredible accomplishments
- Patriarchy: Yeah but look how ugly you looked doing them
- Woman: I have value
- Patriarchy: Not if you're ugly lol
- Woman: I'm conventionally-attractive & posted selfies on my blog
- Patriarchy: I'm so sick of these empty-headed chicks only caring about their looks. Just because you are attractive and get attention from men doesn't mean you are special or deserve respect. Why don't you read a book or do something productive with your life you dumb slut